84. Can my client stay in Australia if he has completed studies?
Yes, your client may be eligible for a Temporary Graduate visa Subclass 485
or Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa Subclass 476 which allows eligibleinternational students to temporarily live and work in Australia aftercompletion of studies in Australia for up to 4 years depending on your qualifications.
85. Can my client reapply for a student visa after completing his course?
Yes, your client can apply for another student visa if he meets the requirements. He
can also apply for Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485) which allows him to live
and work in Australia for up to 4 years depending on level of qualifications.
86. Can mu client become a permanent resident if he is on Temporary Graduate visa Subclass 485?
Yes, Temporary Graduate visa allows your client to extend stay in Australia for up to
4 years with full working rights. Accordingly, he may be eligible to apply for
permanent skilled migration visas.
87. Can my client include family members in his Temporary Graduate visa Subclass 485 application?
Yes, he may include partner and dependent children in his application.
88. Can my client apply for Subclass 485 visa if he is on a Bridging Visa after completion of his course?
Yes, he is eligible to apply for Subclass 485 visa if he holds a valid Bridging Visa A
or B, provided his student visa was the last substantive visa that he held. Further, he
must not have been subjected to other visa cancellations or refusals.
89. What is Washington Accord?
Washington Accord is an international agreement between relevant bodies of
participating or signatory countries for accrediting undergraduate engineering degree
programmes. It identifies degree programmes accredited by bodies of respective
nations that are equivalent and accordingly, recommends that graduated students who
are applying for practice of engineering be recognised internally by the holders of
Washington Accord agreement, having met their academic requirements.
90. Can my client apply for Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa Subclass 476 when he is outside Australia?
Yes, lodgement of visa application can be done onshore or offshore. However, your
client must be outside Australia when a decision is made on his application.